Think Like a Publisher/Journalist
Our job is to think like a publisher/journalist on behalf of your enterprise, leading the development of content marketing initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business:
- Write buyer personas to guide all content creation.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person.
- Map out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why.
- Develop a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, particular persona groups.
- Supervise writers, editors, and content strategists
- Set best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Integrate content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Conduct ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness.
- Gather data and supervise content analytics, making recommendations to content owners,
- Develop standards, systems and best practices for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing.
- Use market data to develop content themes/topics and execute plans to develop assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
- Establish work flows for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Work with technical team to implement appropriate Content Management Systems.
- Conduct periodic competitive content reviews.
- Maintain content inventories and matrices.
- Ensure consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies.
- Participate in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
- Create a strategy for developing SMS/MMS outreach and advertising, apps, etc. as required.
- Work closely with company’s marketing team on creative and branding initiatives to ensure consistent messaging across channels.
Interested in a review of your Content Marketing program based on current best practices?
Initiate a business case analysis customized to your specific needs and learn how What If What Next can help build your content marketing programs and work flows. Contact Howard Oliver personally at: 416-568-5254, firstname.lastname@example.org